Sunday, February 22, 2015

TJ: Mini-Sea: #8

Aquarium Status

Day 36

Hey all! So it has been a few days (almost a month actually haha... >_<") since my last tank journal.

As you guys would have known from my last update, I injured myself (ahahaha...). Turned out, it was worse than I initially believed. After two weeks, I came back to my doctor and he found that I actually had a fractured scaphoid (a small bone in the wrist area).

Hence...
It's not that bad! Okay it is bad...

Aha. Aha. T_T

So I haven't really been able to get around much, a.k.a. getting corals.

Instead, I actually got some really nice macroalgae!


Oh and snails too.

So that was about a week ago.


Here's the current shot of the same area:


Is that a snail I see to the right? Was it there since last week?

What happened? Tang happened. The Regal Tang pulled out all the macroalgae. And the Clowns decided to help out as well.

So what happened to all the macroalgae you may ask?

Good question.

Let's see.

Pictures of the three corners of the tank. My macroalgae! :( They're all torn up. :(

Yep, they've been pushed to all the back corners (except the top left where the return is). :(

The glacilaria from previously died off as well. These macroalgae probably won't make it either, so I'm definitely just gonna go for corals as the main sessile organisms. Until I can get more resilient macroalgae.

That's all for today. :) Planning to go to my LFS this Thursday, so there should be a coral update then! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment